Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Live Your Life!"

We had my Mom’s funeral on Saturday in Ohio. Pouring rain. Friends and family attended. It signaled the end of her wonderful life on earth. No one could ever ask more of a Mother. I was, and am, blessed. She gave her unconditional love in every respect, and had an incredible sense of humor. I don’t think there was person she met that she did not make laugh. She told me to “live your life!” I promise to do that, and in many ways I feel I already have. I will miss her every day.
The photo was taken by Debbie two days before my mom went in to the hospital. We rode to our house so she could see the progress. A beautiful early fall day. On the way, she had a box of chicken wings on her lap, and a cup of coke in her hand - eating and watching the scenery go by. She looked like a 15 year-old. I will never forget the ride or the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Beautiful, Don.

Always a Clevelander said...

What a loving tribute to your mother. Steve & I are so lucky to have known her.