Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day



Yep, April 22. Earth Day 2009. Crazy day too. Spent way too much time trying to get my mom a few tests.... mainly due to "miscommunication" with doctor offices..... Yoy! When I got home from work, I ate dinner around 430 and then headed to the house. Decided to take a photo from our photo point in the driveway. Sure enough, I found a photo taken from the same point last year. WOW. It is very hard to believe the first photo was taken one year ago!
I spoke to our friend Patty Wincek today. She said to me that we should take stock in what we have accomplished - that many people have dreams, but very few actually make their dreams come true. Well Patty, these "before and after" pics allowed me to take stock and reflect, if only for a few minutes, and sure enough it brought a smile on my face and a sense of achievement.... thanks!
Other updates here include a couple sheetrock shots, and my latest challenge of framing in our windows with plywood which I finished last night.... then tonight, I tar papered all the framing. Pretty easy with a staple hammer.... love that tool. Next, nail screening. Should be done in a couple days. Sunset for earth day was wonderful... the lighting this time of the year is just perfect for the view.... I lit a fire too but, I got a "small boulder" in my eye earlier and it was killing me so my thoughts of enjoying the fire and the sunset went out the window..... ended up going over to Ardie and Larry's and they did some voodoo magic (just kidding) and helped me get it out.... Thanks!
Bedtime..... have to say it again......the before and after pics are amazing.....

No comments: