Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Steve Wincek. – August. 13th – 21st

I may have mentioned that Steve Wincek has been a great friend of mine for over 45 years!!! Steve’s wife Patty, who you have seen before on this blog, spent some time with their daughter Tiffany on a cruise, so Steve had some time and came out on his own. We had a blast. Steve had not seen the house for over a year when he and Patty were out last. He said he was blown away! Oh we love hearing that!

A few of our activities were without Deb, who “still has to work for a living….lol” But, Deb and I took Steve out on the boat for a picnic and some crabbing. Great time. Steve loved the boat, the scenery and the wildlife. We also went on two other hikes to Lake Ann and a hike to Ptarmigan Ridge near Mt. Baker. Killer weather. Steve and I went on an overnight trip with the boat and did some fishing too. Had an “interesting” evening sleeping out on the boat as a bit of wind picked up and generated some excitement so to speak… Steve can comment here about it if he wishes….lol Can’t say enough how much fun we had overall. Made pizza and ate Deb’s famous crab cakes too.

Thought I would check out a hike for Steve and I. First time out with my new hiking boots…Hiked about 9 miles “in a very short period of time…” Jesus… sometimes I wonder why I do the things I do. But, fantastic hike. Quite “vertical” so to speak!

No comments: