Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sandra and Fred – July 12 to July 25 (I think)

Sandra and Fred came out and overlapped nephew Jon’s visit. It was great to see them and we had a great time. It was the first time Sandra and Fred had came out since my/our Mom had passed away. Actually Sandra was out about a year ago when Mom had broken her hip….so, she (nor Fred) had seen the house since we moved in. They loved it and were oh so complimentary….we love that. But, honestly it was great just having them out. It was a major surprise when they saw the boat in the barn! We did a couple trips on the boat, caught crab (as you can see!), and did a bit of site seeing. We even went to a “fly-in” where private pilots fly their planes in for the weekend. It was cool. Fred is building his second airplane so he really enjoyed seeing the planes. Of course he would… he is a pilot.

And, Sandra and Debbie planned a major surprise retirement party for me, inviting all the neighbors and some local co-workers of mine. It was fantastic! Jon and Fred had the pleasure of distracting me so they could get the house ready.... oh those clever guys!

Sandra is a magnet for deer. She kept asking us where are the deer and we had not seen any in quite awhile. Then, sure enough, the next day, she sees a doe and her fawn right outside our front door!!! Fantastic.

Maybe the biggest surprise of all was a retirement gift from my Debbie! She got me a top of the line digital camera and an extra telephoto lens!! I love it. I have been wanting a new camera for years and this is THE ONE! I have taken nearly 4000 photos since. Expect to see some much higher quality photos from now on.... it's not me, it's the camera..:)

No comments: