Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roof Roof!!

Ready to close out the month of May. A few more projects accomplished, mixed with some minor R&R. Deb has been traveling a whole lot! Gone this whole week in Salt Lake City, last week to Northern Oregon, and week before driving all over Oregon, including a 10 hour drive to Klamath Falls. Been haunted at the house without her. When she finally gets home she is exhausted and before you know it, Monday arrives.
So, I keep busy doing a whole bunch of odds and ends…. Roofed the woodshed. Looked on Utube and saw how it is done. Easy. Had some left over shingles from the barn project so just used them. A very good idea. Planted more vegetables in the garden but no recent pics. Got some tomato plants from our friends Joanne and Rich. Joanne is a master gardner!
We have a robin nest on one of our “knee braces.” Baby robins are adorable, but they sure do not last long in the nest… already off and flying.
I had a great time burning up some stress. Literally. We had about four very large piles of scrap wood from the house construction…..all treated wood that can’t go in our wood masonry heater because of the glues and chemicals. Our friend Tod gave me a mixture of oil and diesel, and I added some unleaded to make it fire and away I went. Great day! After about 6 hours the stress of looking at big piles of scrap was reduced to ashes. It was fun. I am a pyro at heart and it reminded me of when we used to burn brush piles in Colorado for my work. Like I said, great fun! I even made a little video but can’t post that cause I don’t know how. Pretty funny.
That is about it. Daylight comes at about 430 am and lasts till nearly 10 pm. I love this time of year. Been doing a bit of bike riding after dinner. Love that too. Riding along the Puget Sound near sunset is a good thing. So much better than having to drive my bike in the truck like I did in Portland.
Now taking reservations for visits…………… Call ahead of time as much as you can so we can schedule.
VISA Accepted…….. LY D2

2 comments:

Noted Chef said...

Hey guys. Just checked you blog after a few weeks. Thanks for your email. Will drop you a note soon. We just moved as well. Will tell you all about it.
About posting the video, try youtube or vimeo. You have to set up an account first. Once you've uploaded the video, you can put a link to it in the blog.

Noted Chef said...

Me at Vail a couple of years ago
http://vimeo.com/3073895