Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pushing to get things done.

Been awhile, but judging by the number of comments, we realize it’s been pretty quiet on your end too….:) Got back from Ohio end of March after attending my Aunt Mary Ann’s funeral. Really sad to say the least. It was even harder than I thought because we visited my parent's graves right after my Aunt’s burial. I had a meltdown. I thought it was even harder being at the cemetary this time than it was when we buried my Mom in October. Just so damn sad!!! I really miss her and my Dad. Miss them every day.
We got back the day before Deb’s birthday…April 1! We celebrated her birthday by taking a long ride around the area here. Nice to be out and just ride around. It is therapeutic. Went out to dinner on the following night. Good stuff!
So, here we are. You know, I would be lying if I didn’t tell you we are getting tired of working on the house and property. Really you say? Yeah, really. But, overall, we feel we have three more things we really want to get done and then we can peck away at the rest. Here they are: Clean out the barn, finish the raised bed garden including a deer fence, and build a woodshed. Really, those are the main three things that will get us in the game to really be able to enjoy the house.
The pics are really uneventful. See what we mean by cleaning the barn? Most of the "stuff" is from the house in Portland. Good grief. The most exciting part was burning some of the wrapping paper! Man, we really know how to live heh? Expect some pics of the garden and the woodshed soon. And, recall I said last year that “April Rocks?” Well, it is revving up again with some fantastic sunsents…. Big day again will be May 5 when the sun sets in the “slot” between the two main islands.. Lummi, and Orcas. All for now! Hummingbirds arrived at our feeders today!!
And Last, Happy Belated Easter...... I found my old Easter toys while cleaning out the barn.... oh the memories!!

No comments: