Monday, September 14, 2009

75



Ever have one of those moments when you think of something and you say to yourself “holy crap!?” I did. In one of my many moments of deep thought, I was coming back from the hospital last Friday and said to myself….”Ok, tomorrow we have to pick up my mom at the hospital and take her back to assisted living, and try to do some work on the house this weekend. Then it hit me. We have worked the past 75 weekends in a row!!! It actually may be a few more than this. I can’t believe it. Still can’t believe it. No wonder we are frazzed….
Mom is doing “ok,” but not great and we are still really worried. Agh! So hard for her!

Pics show our latest efforts…”finish work” on the windows. Sanding, painting, sealing the window boxes, frames, sills, etc. Wow, they really look sharp when done. Sunlight coming in has such an impact! Slow but sure work that is for sure, but better now than after we move in. Really cool to see the window sills with a coat of finish - and to think Dick D. and I made them from “scratch!” Quite a high level of satisfaction..

No comments: