Monday, February 8, 2010

The Baking Hutch!

Debbie is one happy gal. Our baking hutch is complete! Seems like we waited forever for this to happen ..what else is new heh? As most of you know, she is a fantastic baker, and baking is one of her many hobbies. So, might be having fresh-baked bread in the near future. Yum. Believe it or not, I had full intentions of building the baking hutch for her. But, after seeing the fantastic craftsmanship of our other cabinets, I thought it best to not try to make it. Debbie would have loved it, but I can almost guarantee it would bug me every day to look at it and keep saying I should have done this or that, or that this doesn’t quite look as good as this or that etc….. I may try to build a hutch later, but that remains to be seen.
Regardless, we are both really happy because it is just one more step to a completed kitchen. Bar stools are due in a couple weeks, and we plan to install the under counter light for the baking hutch in the next day or so. After that, the kitchen will be complete. We are still debating a back splash but that is for another time….
I could not resist taking a few pics of our dining table after Debbie set it. It looked great! Sunlight starting to come in our south windows during the day…… days are getting longer too! Our heather plants near the barn are blooming!!!! Daffodils are coming up! Spring is around the corner, and the smell of fresh-baked bread will soon be filling the house!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! The hutch and the whole kitchen look great! I can practically smell yummy baked goods right here at my desk.

Too bad the hutch drawer was done in the Shaker style - I look forward to the updated photos ;-)