Friday, July 17, 2009

Covering Ground with Matt!

Matt was back! Let’s start by saying we can not thank him enough for all he has done. He loves our barn too….. and informed us that he had a roommate the other night named “Benji Bat.” Yep, bat in the barn…. We will tend to that issue very soon.
Matt worked like hell again, this time giving us the basic training on tiling. Wow again. Much more to it than we thought but we are on our way. What we did looks very cool.
Sandra arrived on Wed and is staying with Mom. Great help! Deb and I were out of town for work earlier in the week Don in Portland, Deb in Pullman.
Last weekend, we did an incredible amount of work that seemed like it did not show much for our effort…. We cleaned the entire area around the house - moved, stacked and transported an incredible amount of stuff to the dump. Great fun and a great relief in many ways to see all that crap gone. We are now prepped for our propane tank and driveway re-route, plus the front door concrete pour. Cabinetry is ordered and/or ready to order kitchen….. big decision….maple or cherry wood? Yikes. All for now…. Out timeline to move in keeps moving out…. Frustrating but nothing we can do about it but stay on course…..
Last but not least, while cleaning up we had a mother deer and TWIN fawns visit our orchard.... made our day. More to come later…

1 comment:

Gary Warman said...

Hello to all my hard working Friends! Just wanted to give my opinion on kitchen cabinets. I built a fair amount of furniture years ago and pretty much stayed away from oak. Used a lot of maple and cherry. Personally I like the cherry best. I used maple because I lived in Vermont during the 80's and of course their state tree is the Sugar Maple. It's very light in color if that's what you're looking for. Cherry is darker but I just love the grain. Really quite beautiful. Continued good luck on the house. Wish I could have spent some time there helping out. Say Hi to Sandra for me. Later. GW in FL