Friday, October 24, 2008

Back To Normal (Pun Intended)

Hello! (It’s Deb) I just wanted to say ‘Thanks’ to all of you for your warm wishes for a speedy recovery. I’m pretty much healed. My back is sore in the morning and I have to wake up in order to turn in bed - but other than that, I’m happy and healthy. I’m back at work, working on the house and beginning to live again.

This was one of those experiences that you can’t believe happened. However, I would never have made it through without the support of my family, my friends and my Donald. I’ve always known he was a caring person, but you can’t imagine what he did for me. He never left my side right after I fell (well, other than to lift me down using the forklift). He rode with me in the ambulance and he would touch my head or toes to let me know he was near me as the doctors swarmed over me in the emergency room. He slept beside my bed everynight - whether he had a bed or not. He was the last person to leave my side before surgery and the first person I saw when I woke up. He helped me to walk, eat, and get dressed. It’s pretty humbling not to be able to do these everyday tasks yourself; I’m just so thankful for Don - he never thought twice about helping me. He wiped my tears away when I got depressed and cheered me up when I got frustrated. I never felt alone. Thank You Don. I Love You.

No comments: